Time & Location
Sep 24, 2022, 9:30 AM – Sep 25, 2022, 5:30 PM
Austin, 10801 Old San Antonio Rd, Austin, TX 78748, USA
About the Event
Come spend a day in the forest garden diving into a juicy introduction to permaculture design. We will learn about how to work with the flows of nature (ie. water, sun, wildlife) to create diverse, productive garden ecosystems. Topics include design principles, working with the cycles of the seasons and ATX specific support to get started on your permaculture path. We will enjoy hands-on learning, creative learning exercises and various modes of inquiry to support you in your unique path.
- What permaculture is
- How to get started
- How to observe and interact with the natural world in a regenerative way
- How to cultivate resilience and work with the changing seasons and climate
- How to build beautiful soil and utilize rainwater water
- Rainwater catchment systems
- Gardens designed on permaculture principles
- A thriving community based on permaculture principles
- Our extensive library of permaculture books and other resources
You’ll get to…
- share seeds for your garden
- take cuttings and divisions of plants home
- Have a hands on learning experience
- take home resources to support you in being in action
Be ready for a fun day in the food forest, be ready to get your hands and feet in the soil and to meet new friends and community. Looking forward to it!
Bring food to share a potluck lunch and seeds to share if you can. Seed swap during lunch.
Tickets are sliding scale $60 - 125. Pay what works for your budget. Reparation scholarships available. Please reach out with any questions.
- Ticket type
sliding scale $60 - $125 - you choose what works for you - Thank you!PricePay what you want